LaunchBox Community Forums

Issue with RocketLauncher resetting RetroArch settings

VACRMH

2 minutes ago, Jazzphone said:

There is a thread in the Module section of the RocketLauncher forums that covers RetroArch, I recommend taking a look there.

Wow! Thought I was alone there. But I have plenty to work with now.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2016 at 0:05 PM, VACRMH said:

Wow! Thought I was alone there. But I have plenty to work with now.

Thanks!

Just for your awareness, RocketLauncher does use "per-core" configs by default. And it reads them from the same directory as RetroArch.
HOWEVER...
The name of the config is different. RetroArch names the config file by the name of the core. RocketLauncher looks for a config file named after the system.

The easiest way to make it work is to make a copy of the per-core config from RetroArch in the same directory/folder, but rename it to the name of the system used by RocketLauncher.

I.E. If you are using the Nestopia core in RetroArch, the config file is called nestopia_libretro.cfg. Make a copy of it in the same folder and rename it Nintendo Entertainment System.cfg.

Now when you load RetroArch and play an NES game, that config will load. You can even press F1 and see that config is loaded, and save changes directly to it (i.e. change to shader, controller, etc.)

• Like 1