LaunchBox Community Forums

Amiga launch from LB fails but works from Rocketlauncher

ckp

Hi,

I have LB using Rocklauncher to launch most of my stuff since everything I have works and is already configured in RL. However, for some strange reason, when I try play an Amiga game launched from LB, it tells RL to it up as expected but usually the game stops at an Amiga shell with something like 'cant find runme' or it results in a blank black screen after the amiga starts up.

But if I launch the same exact games directly from RL they work just fine. Also works fine from my Hyperspin front end with same RL on the same computer.

My command line parameters in LB for RL and Commodore Amiga look just like all my others that are working. Not really sure why it doesn't work when launched from LB?

Howdy.

Would you mind posting the following info :
Rom file location
Emulator Location
Command line arguments

and we can try troubleshoot a bit,

Just a heads up I noticed when I was running my Amiga CD32 emulator - I was required to select the "disable space between rom file" or some such in the emulator settings page. Not sure if this is applicable in your case too as you didn't state what emulator you were using, but try that, especially if using winUAE. I am writing up a tutorial for running CD32 games using winUAE + the latest TOSEC / RE:DUMP collection that i'm hoping to get online soon :)

• Like 1

Hi locvez, thanks for helping.

Rocket launcher is set with WinUAE for "Commodore Amiga" and it uses my Amiga game roms that are in zip files. Launching directly from RL or Hyperspin works.

Rom file location: R:\Arcade\Commodore Amiga\roms

Emulator Location: R:\Arcade\Emulators\WinUAE

In LB, inside Manage Emulators, I have a "Emulator" named Rocketlauncher. And in there it has "Amiga" in the associated platforms tab.

The Amiga platform has the following command line parameter:

-f ":\LauncBox\LaunchBox.exe" -p RocketLauncherUI -s "Commodore Amiga" -r

I think that's about it.

I have Amiga CD32 setup the same way in LB and that one works ok.

Let me know if you see an issue.

Thanks!

Edited by ckp