LaunchBox Community Forums

Multi-discs question

Mizar

Hi guys, recently when i add games with multiple discs, they go all added in at once, while before they were all separate. Is there a way to disable the multi-discs option? As i prefer the older system. Thanks in advance for any replies :)

On 24/8/2016 at 10:11 AM, Mizar said:

Hi guys, recently when i add games with multiple discs, they go all added in at once, while before they were all separate. Is there a way to disable the multi-discs option? As i prefer the older system. Thanks in advance for any replies :)

I have the same problem. Only playstation games adds the first.
For example:
Final Fantasy VII (USA) (CD 1)
Final Fantasy VII (USA) (2 CD)
Final Fantasy VII (USA) (CD 3)

In Launchbox only leaves Final Fantasy VII , the rest is missing :(

On 8/25/2016 at 5:32 PM, Mizar said:

I found a work around. Rename the 2nd disc and onwards something different from the first. Then you get all the discs added singularly like it used to do it before :)

I tried this by adding the disk number to the game name i.e Final Fantasy VII (Disc 1) Final Fantasy VII (Disc 2) Final Fantasy VII (Disc 3) and it is still not importing discs 2&3 am I doing something wrong? the discs work in the emulator when launched without Launchbox so I know its not an issue with the game files.

23 minutes ago, mianina said:

I tried this by adding the disk number to the game name i.e Final Fantasy VII (Disc 1) Final Fantasy VII (Disc 2) Final Fantasy VII (Disc 3) and it is still not importing discs 2&3 am I doing something wrong? the discs work in the emulator when launched without Launchbox so I know its not an issue with the game files.

Try rename the three isos like this:

Final Fantasy VII Disc 1

Disc 2

Disc 3

I did the same for Legend of Dragoon, with the difference that had 4 discs and worked fine :) Let me know!

3 hours ago, Mizar said:

Try rename the three isos like this:

Final Fantasy VII Disc 1

Disc 2

Disc 3

I did the same for Legend of Dragoon, with the difference that had 4 discs and worked fine :) Let me know!

tried with both FF7 and FF8 removed the () from the (disc 1,2,3) so the file names were Final Fantasy 7/8 Disc 1 (2,3,4 respectively) still not importing I no longer get an error message it just says "0 games were imported" I already have ALL the other FF multi disc games imported before the Launchbox upgrade (also legend of Dragoon and Dragon Warrior 7) but can not get it to work for the 2 FF titles.... 

1 hour ago, mianina said:

tried with both FF7 and FF8 removed the () from the (disc 1,2,3) so the file names were Final Fantasy 7/8 Disc 1 (2,3,4 respectively) still not importing I no longer get an error message it just says "0 games were imported" I already have ALL the other FF multi disc games imported before the Launchbox upgrade (also legend of Dragoon and Dragon Warrior 7) but can not get it to work for the 2 FF titles.... 

I havent tried the FF titles myself yet. I'll try tomorrow and let you know :)

3 hours ago, Mizar said:

Hi.

Just done it. I have all the 3 discs imported. Rename them as i said on the post before and should be working :)

Good luck!

as you can see in the image I have both the FF 7 and 8 files done just a little differently for FF 7 I thought the issue might be that I originally had them in all separate folders so I combined them into one folder as you can see each disk is named for the game with the game disk number (disk1, disk2, disk3) for the FF 8 games I left them in the separate folders my preferred organization method again with each disk named for the disk number (disc1, disc2, disc3, disc4) as you can also see in the shot of my launchbox FF 7 and 8 are only showing one disc while FF 9 which was imported before the upgrade has all four discs in separate files. perhaps I'm being dense or just missing something but as far as I can tell I've done what you said and its not working :(

multidisk launchbox issue.jpg

Having them named disk 1 disk 2 is the method that is being used to ensure you only see one game which is what many users have been requesting for a long time now that has been implemented there is a new group of users cropping up who want to have all of their discs listed. Have you tried naming them disc1of2 disc2of4 or some such to see if that breaks the functionality.

Edited by DOS76

Also are you aware that the disc are actually (or should be) getting added under the 1st disc if you right click it you should see the additonal discs listed as additional apps and you can access and launch them like any game that was displayed or are you more looking to have them all on display and not worried about just being able to launch them.

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

Also are you aware that the disc are actually (or should be) getting added under the 1st disc if you right click it you should see the additonal discs listed as additional apps and you can access and launch them like any game that was displayed or are you more looking to have them all on display and not worried about just being able to launch them.

THANK YOU! I was looking in the rom path to see if they were all listed but they weren't and I wasn't sure I would be able to launch each disk as needed if they weren't displayed separately I had not considered re-naming them 1of2/3/4 etc but a good idea if I run into problems later. I had tried the force duplicate but that didn't work either. thank you so much for explaining how to find the rest of my discs when everything else failed :D

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

now that I know what is going on is there a way to group all my other muli-disc games the same way? and while I'm at it how do I switch disc's when asked to now that they are not displayed separately?

4 hours ago, mianina said:

now that I know what is going on is there a way to group all my other muli-disc games the same way? and while I'm at it how do I switch disc's when asked to now that they are not displayed separately?

Can you do a screenshot of how you renamed the isos inside the Final Fantasy VII folder please? The full name. In the screenshot above i can only see partial of the name.