LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing with RocketLauncher

dvdbob

'Evening everyone  :) ..... I just joined the party recently, I have a fairly good HS setup but I'm moving shop over to Launchbox, anyway - I've seen the RL integration and it looks like it could be very useful, however, I've tried a few things...... I've tried to add NeoGeo - the ROMS are abbreviated with their file names e.g. aof is Art of Fighting, mslug is Metal Slug etc etc. Rocket Launcher sorts all this for me, I can see everything listed & named correctly within RL but whenever I import the ROM's into Launchbox via RL they only import as their file names meaning any graphic match etc fails.  However, if I import the ROM's as per normal via Launchbox everything appears file - the games are named correctly under their platform.  Am I doing something wrong here?  

Cheers

Steven

• 3 weeks later...

I use Rocket Launcher simply for the compression and loading screen functionality. This is what I did. I simply imported the games into rocket launcher just to make sure it was able to load the roms correctly. I then imported them into Launchbox using the Launchbox method, but instead of selecting Mame, I simply selected Rocket Launcher as the emulator. That Should do it. This way Launchbox does its thing correctly and rocket launcher does its thing.

• Like 2

Hi, thanks for the reply.  Like you I have a fairly decent setup on HS and as such I have everything setup in RL.  When I first seen the option I was impressed... however, it just didn't seem to work properly for NeoGeo (for me anyway)

Anyway - thanks again for the interest

All the best

Steven