LaunchBox Community Forums

Rise of the Tomb Raider

alexis524

So, decided to get serious and load this up after it's been sitting on my HD for months now. Game is gorgeous, but seems a bit on the easy side.

I've breezed through the first 2-3 hours and am now at the Russin train yard. Thinking of upping the difficulty to max as it's not all that enjoyable at this point.

It feels more like a walking/spelunking/explore abandoned buildings simulator at this point than anything. 

I would definitely, especially if you're a veteran of the previous TR. 

That was one of the finer points i enjoyed. That controls, upgrades, etc. all felt and worked exactly like the last, it was all very familiar and almost second nature, just with nicer eye-candy and a more diverse color palette. The first was very drab i thought, but, this, wow. it's vibrant for sure and really, REALLY sets the mood. You'll enjoy for sure, just crank up the difficulty.

Edited by alexis524
  • Like 1

I liked the last one a lot and enjoyed this one for the most part, but for some reason it started to feel like a chore to complete towards the end. Maybe it was the difficulty not being challenging enough to keep my interest but I don't know. It's definitely a better game than the last on paper (better graphics, more developed mechanics) but overall it didn't seem to live up to my fond memories of the last one.

• 2 weeks later...

I do wish they'd take map icons/points of interest out such as where to find a document, relic, mural, etc. Too much hand-holding, It's as hard as hilighting the icon on your map and then pressing RB in-game to see the path/location of said icon. I wanna find stuff on my own, you know?;)