LaunchBox Community Forums

The emulator path was not found

Odinsson8

So I imported my roms , but got errors on the meta data. They still imported successfully! But can't play any of them be cause it says the emulator application path was not found. Check theses paths they are correct. P.s mynlife was better before I started with launch box, causes but I'm ocd and know have to finish this project or go nuts I have deleted and reinstalled launchbox,deleted the games and reimported, deleted emulators and reimported. So wtf. Any help would be awsome .

Hey @Odinsson8welcome to the community. I'm sorry about the loss of your sanity but this project can not be completed as there is no ending to it. It truly is a rabbit hole. Now enough of my mad rambling lets get your games working. 1st could you provide much more detail which emulator are you trying to set up what error message are you getting durring the import. Maybe a screen shot of your emulator settings for the emulator. I'll be glad to try to help but need more detail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

Hey @Odinsson8welcome to the community. I'm sorry about the loss of your sanity but this project can not be completed as there is no ending to it. It truly is a rabbit hole. Now enough of my mad rambling lets get your games working. 1st could you provide much more detail which emulator are you trying to set up what error message are you getting durring the import. Maybe a screen shot of your emulator settings for the emulator. I'll be glad to try to help but need more detail.

Come back dos76 it's not like there thousands of other people that need your help.

Have you checked out Brads tutorial videos ?

By the sounds of the error you are getting you either have moved your emulator or rom and they aren't where Launchbox is expecting to find them.

Here is the Launchbox youtube channel with all sorts of videos including many tutorials.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSIht6UXIEXIgz4eXAEShxA/videos

Well the first 2 pictures look like database issues and connecting to it.

The 3rd picture I could be wrong but off the top of my head my first guess is that Launchbox is trying to load an emulator you don't actually have. You may have to adjust the platform and emulator so that Launchbox knows which emulator you wish to use for that platform.

Ok click on Tools then go to manage emulators when the new Windows pops up is epsxe listed in the emulators list? If so delete it then when that is done go to click add. A new form should open now type in ePSXe and then set the path to the emulator after that go to the Associated Platforms tab on that same form and see if it filled in the name of the System Sony Playstation and set the command line parameters (I can't recall if it does it on it's own for ePSXe or not but think it does) then try your games again.