LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox vs Emumovies game art images??

ckp

Hi,

Every time I choose the type of images to let LB grab using the wizard, I ask myself the question, "Hmm, check wikipedia also? Hmm, prioritize Emumovies over Launchbox?". I don't want the result to be a zillion files, but I want something for every game possible.

If you check the same type of box art for both (like Box Front), is the result that you will have twice the amount or more of image files, or that you just get Emumovies if it exists and if it doesn't you get LB images?

I have no idea here. So far I have just chosen to prioritize Emumovies over Launchbox. Is it better? I guess I just assume the images from Emumovies must be better, haha, but no idea!

If on your first inexperienced run of getting images, you choose every single checkbox and then later decide you only really want a couple (say gameplay screenshot and box front), can you re-run the download images wizard to just get the ones you want and it will remove all the files you got before when you chose everything? So, anyway to do a cleanup? Or would it be best to just run a command line to delete all files inside every folder recursively and run the download image wizard again to just get what you want?

Lastly when choosing the menu Tools->Download Metadata and Images, does that apply to your entire collection of platforms or only the platform currently showing? Assume ALL.

Thanks. 

As to the 1st part of your question I'm not sure exactly what files you get and from where I do know alot of the screenshots are dupes and you get both when you download them but for covers I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, ckp said:

If on your first inexperienced run of getting images, you choose every single checkbox and then later decide you only really want a couple (say gameplay screenshot and box front), can you re-run the download images wizard to just get the ones you want and it will remove all the files you got before when you chose everything? So, anyway to do a cleanup? Or would it be best to just run a command line to delete all files inside every folder recursively and run the download image wizard again to just get what you want?

No if you change your mind here there is no way to clean it up of course say you decide you don't want your Game Over screen shot you could go into your image folder and delete all of the subfolders that are listed as Game Over screenshots and they would then be gone. I don't know about deleting all your media as I wouldn't do that I have a ton of custom covers I dug around and found when there were no results for things when I started and I would be afraid to lose all of that work so I've never attempted to just delete my media and redownload.

1 hour ago, ckp said:

Lastly when choosing the menu Tools->Download Metadata and Images, does that apply to your entire collection of platforms or only the platform currently showing?

Okay lets say that you are on your Nintendo 64 platform and you select one game and to to tools download media and images and run the wizard it will only change the one game if you select that one game and then click ctrl+a then repeat as listed above it will run the wizard and change all of those games so really it is dependant on what you have selected. If you were to do so from the all platform and used ctrl+a I assume it would apply to all of your games but I can't image how long it would take for all of that data to finish.