LaunchBox Community Forums

Duplicates are not duplicates

ckp

Hi

I just noticed after having imported many platform roms that some platforms are missing many of my games.

So I tried importing one of the missing ones and found it only imports if forcing duplicates. But there are no duplicates in this specific platform. Maybe there is a name in some other platform that is the same?

Why does LB consider games duplicates if not in the platform you are importing to?

Is the easiest solution to remove all games from each platform and import all games again choosing to force duplicates? That may be a pain.

Thanks.

I don't remember which games now, but it was not only Steam games. However my post on this problem with one Steam game is where I noticed it and began looking around:

http://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/32999-steam-import-misses-a-game/#comment-199039

I think one of the most recent ones I had this issue with was missing Dead or Alive for PS1 and had to force it in.

But can you tell me, does LB consider a game a duplicate even if the only game with a same name is in a different platform than where you are trying to import?

No, I can confirm that it does not do that. It will only match a game by title and platform, or by file path. If the application file path is the same as any other game in your collection, then it considers it the same game and won't import a duplicate of it. Same goes for the combination of platform and title.