LaunchBox Community Forums

Videos not working on any themes.

necron99

Hi guys, 

First post here,  recently moved over from hyperspin and currently fairly happy with how everything works.  Except I can't get any videos to playback at all.  I have a pro emumoviesbaccount account.  Have downloaded all the videos and they run perfectly in vlc etc but not in LB or BB with any themes.  

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Welcome @necron99lets see if we can figure out your issue 1st in LaunchBox click on tools from the dropdown choose options, in options in the 1st section there is an option for Game Details click it and make sure the checkbox for videos is checked then click ok if you changed it or cancel if it was already checked. Next go into View and make sure autoplay videos is checked this should get your videos working in LB. If both of these options were already turned on then you have another problem. If so try repeating the 1st instruction up to the point where you get to the game details and instead of clicking that click video and change your video player and see if that works.

For BigBox as soon as it starts use esc to back out to the menu then go to options 1st go to views in Platforms List View: Mine is set to Platform Wheel with image details and video there are a few options under there just make sure that you are using one that includes videos. Next go to Videos and check any of the boxes there that you think you may want to use. If changing your video player helped for LB then in the videos section change your video Playback Engine to match what you have in LB.

Hope this helps let us know if you are still having issues.