LaunchBox Community Forums

Game Media Syncing Issues

cammelspit

I am putting this here because I have a feeling the answer is rather simple. I have been trying to sync up my media collection so download images and such that I don't currently have. I put all of my media folders on another drive so space isn't an issue anymore and have been trying to use LBs built in "download metadata and images" feature. This is not a short process either and takes at least 24 hours to do what I have already imported. I have a few questions so I will list them below.

1. When the process is about half done, I start getting errors. They are all bad requests and I have attached an image of it.
  2. I have checked both all of LB DB media AND EmuMovies media, shouldn't is download the LB DB stuff instead if EmuMovies isn't working for some reason?
  3. Can I just select games that don't have all the media or at least sort by games that don't have a certain media type so I can only parse those? Because I don't want to have to scan or redownload images that have already been acquired.

Thank you in advance for any help you guys can give, I love this community, you are all so helpful!

Screenshot (36).png

@Jason Carr I apologize wholeheartedly for, in my haste, I closed LB and the errors are no longer there to show you. I did poke through them and most were a bad request and a couple thousand were a file missing message. I am sure to try and update my media again withing the next few days and I will be 100% sure to take a few screenshots for you.

What is curious to me, is that a bunch of the games, I selected manually and they both had media and it downloaded from the edit windows just fine. I will be sure to do more troubleshooting and report back. again, sorry about that.

• Like 1

At this point, I am not importing anything, this is just a rescan of all of my games for missing images. up to 15000 errors now but it seems that for every few hundred errors I get one or two games in a row that work fine. BUT, this 15K of errors and I am nearly done with the whole process. Last time, I couldn't get past half way before every single image errored out. I took to updating only one platform at a time and that usually keeps the errors down below a few dozen per platform. Seems like the fewer games I process, the fewer errors occur. I wish I could replicate it more easily than having to update all of my media and waiting an average of 6 or so hours before it starts happening.