LaunchBox Community Forums

Exit emulator/Back to BigBox from Joystick

WolfRamiO

how? that requiere a combo of 2 buttons, i have a dedicated one on my joystick to back to the front end

I am tring with autohotkey, work on windows, but not in the emulator, this is the script:

Joy8::Send {Esc} ; button 8 send Esc key

Joy9::Send !{f4} ; Button 9 send Alt F4 and works well on windows

Edited by WolfRamiO

Depending on the emulator, AutoHotkey may not work to send key presses. MAME is notorious for being a royal pain in this regard. MAME refuses to accept any "virtual" keypresses, and only takes input from physical keyboards. That's been pretty frustrating for us because it makes it very difficult to automate closing MAME (using voice recognition or controller automation). You're on the right track with the AutoHotkey stuff, but it's also worth noting that AutoHotkey sometimes has issues with Microsoft's latest 360/Xbox One controller drivers and sometimes it just won't work at all. We had to replace the controller automation solution using AutoHotkey with our own because of this issue.

There's no way currently to use controller automation for just a single button, but you could add a ticket for that using Issues/Requests in the header.