LaunchBox Community Forums

Can launchbox use a shortcut to a file?

ALIE

Hey @Jason Carr and everybody 

I was wondering if LaunchBox could use shortcuts on one hard drive to files on another.  I'm getting a second 8tb drive but I like having every thing structured in the one console folder in the launchbox folder.  So if I had a bunch of wii u games on a second drive,  could I add them as shortcuts in the wii u folder in my LaunchBox folder? . 

Probably you could also look at Stable Bit DrivePool it lets you create a virtual drive that will make both your drives appear to be one. The program creates a single folder on each drive and anything placed in those files will be seen as one drive since you already have LB setup this may not be practical because you would need to move your stuff to the pool folder in order to pool it but once you changed your paths or if your LB is portable it may still work. The program isn't free but I believe there is a 30 day trial if you want to test for free.

• Like 1