LaunchBox Community Forums

Exiting Eumulators with Tankstick

silveralex

I'm running the latest Launchbox with a few emulators and wondered how anyone else out there with a Tankstick is handling exiting games.

I'm using MAME for Arcade/Intellivision, Kega Fusion for Genesis/Sega Master/32x, Stella for Atari 2600, kat5200 for Atari 5200, WinVICE for C64, snes9x for Super NES, and Nestopia for NES

All working fine on big box when controlled with my keyboard and Logitech f710 (I use scripts to exit a few with controller automation)

Now trying to setup a machine with Tankstick and big box. Saw a couple of other posts on the forum about this, but don't think I saw a resolution.

How are people handling this? Is anyone handling it? I know it's not ideal but I can map different keys in the emulators is there's no true launchbox solution. Any suggestions for that?

Thx for the answer . yes, it acts like a keyboard - I'll try out mapping the esc key in the various emulators to see.

I assume you mean that it needs to be mapped in each emulator, because since it's acting liking a keyboard, there's no way to get the 2-button press thing to work , right ?

Also any tips from anyone else out there with a  tankstick on which key to map to ESC ?- (I'm leaning towards one of the side buttons (3 or 4, I think in keyboard terms)

This is what i use in the AutoHotkey tab of each emulator. It allows exiting emulators by holding the back + start  for 2 seconds on first xbox360 pad or holding player1 + player2 for 2 seconds on the Tankstick.

~1joy7 & 1joy8::

Duration=0

Loop

{	Duration ++

If !GetKeyState("1joy7","P") || !GetKeyState("1joy8","P")

Break

If Duration > 2

{	

Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}

break

}

Sleep, 1000

}

return

~1 & 2::

Duration=0

Loop

{	Duration ++

If !GetKeyState("1","P") || !GetKeyState("2","P")

Break

If Duration > 2

{	

Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}

break

}

Sleep, 1000

}

return

• Thanks 1