LaunchBox Community Forums

PC Platform Changed to Windows - How do I migrate my games to new Platform?

Kagenryu

I've read quite a few forum posts about the images not showing up after a previous update changes the Platform from PC to Windows. Those new games are in the right place now, with the correct images. However, my previous entries (358 games) are still under PC, and doing a Bulk Edit did not change them to the new Platform. Any ideas on what I am missing?  :$

I have already renamed all the Images, Music and Video folders to Windows, but that only seemed to affect the new games that import.  

Any help would be appreciated,

Kage

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi @Kagenryu, check your platform folder settings under Tools > Manage Platforms. Make sure that the folders match up properly to the right types of media, and that the images are all there. Then go to Tools > Refresh All Images. Hopefully that solves it; let us know if not. :)

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for the quick response. I'm less concerned about the images, and more concerned my games are forked between PC and Windows. Bulk Edit does not fix this. Will copying the contents of the Games\PC folder fix this issue? Right now I have this as my PC platform (attached). Also, how did this happen? I've updated every build as they get released, including betas, but made no changes to my games.  O.o

Thanks for your help!

2016-09-23_14h03_27.png

Most likely it happened during metadata updates in the wizard. I recently changed this functionality, but previously metadata updates were overwriting platform names. We changed the default platform from PC to Windows at one point. Bulk edit should it if you change the platform for all the PC games to Windows. What do you mean by Bulk Edit isn't fixing it?

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Most likely it happened during metadata updates in the wizard. I recently changed this functionality, but previously metadata updates were overwriting platform names. We changed the default platform from PC to Windows at one point. Bulk edit should it if you change the platform for all the PC games to Windows. What do you mean by Bulk Edit isn't fixing it?

When I bulk edit the Platform and change it from PC to Windows, all my games show up in one section under Windows. When I close and reopen the application, it reverts it back to PC. :/

Do I need to manually delete the Platform PC, and if so, before or after the Bulk Edit?

Just now, Jason Carr said:

Hmm...are you using the latest betas? Sounds like we might have a glitch there that I need to look into...

We split up the XML recently and are still ironing some things out.

I am. However, this happened with the full release first, so I updated to the latest beta to see if it fixed it before posting. I can go between both Platforms for now, it was just scary to me at first when all of a sudden after that update to the platforms my Favorites disappeared (they had stayed in PC while new games moved to Windows). 9_9

Let me know if you need additional information to troubleshoot! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Hi @Kagenryu, just FYI, I did fix this in the latest beta. :)

Hi Jason,

Thank you so much. This appears to have resolved my issue. I appreciate your hard work on this!

billyc999, I did not think to do that, but it appears to be working now, so I won't be able to test that. 

Edited by Kagenryu
Trying to figure out the @ mentions
  • Like 1