LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox on External HD

StuDentBR

Well guys i decided today to set up my collection of games on external hard drive, so i can use it in diferent computers without having to configure everything more than once, everything worked very well (except by some slow downs in cover flow), And I had one issue with the N64 roms i don't know why the path of roms became diferent than other plataforms

For exemple the N64 roms did not work when i conected the external hard drive on another PC because the file path were very especific like this:

L:\LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo 64\Conker's Bad Fur Day (E) [!].z64  (with device letter in my case the "L")

But the other plataforms worked because the file paths were relative (i think this the right term) like this: 

Games\Sony Playstation\Blasto\Blasto.cue (without the device letter)

Why did this happend ? Is this intetional to happen only with the N64 Plataform ? Or did i do something wrong ?

PS.

Anyway i managed to fix this by manually editing the path of the N64 roms like this: 

Before:  L:\LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo 64\Conker's Bad Fur Day (E) [!].z64  (with device letter in my case the "L")

After:  Games\Nintendo 64\Conker's Bad Fur Day (E) [!].z64  (without device letter)

Edited by StuDentBR

Well after doing some testing i found somethings: if you create the rom folder by yourself at launchbox\games and move your roms to this folder before importing and choose not to move or copy but to keep the files where they are, then you will not have trouble with the location of the games even if you move your launchbox folder. It will be like this: Games\Nintendo 64\Conker's Bad Fur Day (E) [!].z64  (without device letter), but if you choose to move or copy the files when you are importing it will be like this:  L:\LaunchBox\Games\Nintendo 64\Conker's Bad Fur Day (E) [!].z64  (with device letter in my case the "L").

It would not be better if no matter what option you choose at time of import (move,copy, or keep them without trying to organize) the roms the result would be like this:  Games\Nintendo 64\Conker's Bad Fur Day (E) [!].z64  (without device letter), so if you have to move the launchbox folder you would not need to fix the files locations at the launchbox collection ?

I hope i made myself clear...

• Like 1