LaunchBox Community Forums

Sets CD with retroarch

InfinityFox

I've followed Brad's tutorial on setting up sega  CD in retro arch with one exception. My files are in 7z format. So I didn't add all the .cue files as suggested, instead just added tthe 7z files and told LB to unzip the files before running. Now that all the files are added almost all of the first 10 or so games I've tested just go to a blank screen, except one. Now, would it be an idea to unzip the files and add the .cue files instead and see what happens or could it be a Bios issue?

cheers

Edited by InfinityFox
Spelling

Unzip one file and add the cue to test, but it doesn't sound like either the zips or the bios is the problem, as NONE of the games would work. Do a little testing.

Before you start messing with LaunchBox, unzip one of the games that doesn't work, and see if you can launch it through RetroArch without the cue. If that doesn't work, create a cue and try launching that through RetroArch. If that works, just drag the cue file into LB to import it and try to launch. If that works, you should do that for all your games. 

If it doesn't work through standalone RetroArch, I'd be more inclined to think it's a bad rom than a bios issue IF any of your other games will Launch. Let me know how it goes!