LaunchBox Community Forums

How do you map controls?

johnstewart

I feel like I must be missing something obvious....

Getting BigBox set up to use with an Ultimarc UltimateIO board. It just emulates a USB keyboard, essentially. It's detected under the Controller menu just fine:

p9dw9ess.pngBut when I click one of the options under Controller Buttons and get the choice "Press a button or press Back key to clear...", it doesn't seem to accept any input from *any* button or key... be it on the UltimateIO control panel or the plain USB keyboard I also have plugged in. The only option is to hit ESC on the keyboard to go back.

ct1bw_q1.png

So right now I don't see a way to have BigBox controlled by anything but the keyboard I have attached (using arrow buttons, Enter, ESC).

Is there some secret sauce I am missing?

I see in Settings.xml there are options, where one might manually edit the file... but it's unclear to me how these numbers 1, 2, 3, etc. map to anything (the actual "1" button on the keyboard doesn't actually select in BigBox, it seems).

<ControllerSelectButton>1</ControllerSelectButton>
    <ControllerContextMenuButton>2</ControllerContextMenuButton>
    <ControllerPlayButton>3</ControllerPlayButton>
    <ControllerTopMenuButton>4</ControllerTopMenuButton>
    <ControllerImagesButton>-1</ControllerImagesButton>
    <ControllerSideBarButton>5</ControllerSideBarButton>
    <ControllerGameDetailsButton>6</ControllerGameDetailsButton>

How can I remap?

thanks!

• 2 years later...

What did you do to get this fixed??

I am having the same problem in BB only, everything works perfect in LB.

34 minutes ago, JaysArcade said:

Just a guess, but have you tried mapping it as a keyboard instead of a controller?

If i could even interact with the menus in BB i certainly would. All controls in BB do nothing, for instance if you push A it asks me to set a LB password. The only thing that kind of works is up and down but not all the time. However, everything works perfectly in LB, all controls for all systems run great with no issues. I guess if i hadn't wasted my money on BB i wouldn't care.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

The ipac is seen as a keyboard i believe, so you need to set the controls in the keyboard section of Bigbox, not the controller section. You may need to use a keyboard to get there initially and then set the keys how you want them.

I can use the arrow keys to move in the menu however i am unable to actually select anything. The only option i have is to press delete or arrow keys, no other button on my keyboard, arcade controls, or Xbox one controllers work in BB so i cant select the button I'm trying to setup because it doesn't register its being hit, but this all works flawlessly in LB.