LaunchBox Community Forums

Intel Compute Stick Performance?

frasto90

Has anybody tried emulators an Intel compute stick?

I presume all cartridge type systems would work with no problem, but want to know how well it runs on disc based systems....

Would really like to use one on my tv and have launchbox running on it, would be ideal!! If anyone has any other recommendations feel free to tell :)

I use this it is great for cartridge based games as you guessed but I have very limited experience with it using disc systems I've tried to run some PS1 games on it but due to space limitations I tried to utilize the games from a network storage location and either the streaming of the games via WIFI or the fact the PC can't handle them made for a very subpar experience.

• Like 1

That's what I'm concerned about, it might only able to "just" play ps1 games if the right settings were done to make it run smoothly...

Not in a hurry to invest in now just seeing what options are available, so ill wait till they release an newer model with better specs and storage options.

Maybe a Intel Nuc would run well? @DOS76 Just want to make it small as possible for my living room, but then you need something with more grunt for disc systems.

Edited by frasto90

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/10/2016 at 10:26 AM, frasto90 said:

Has anybody tried emulators an Intel compute stick?

I presume all cartridge type systems would work with no problem, but want to know how well it runs on disc based systems....

Would really like to use one on my tv and have launchbox running on it, would be ideal!! If anyone has any other recommendations feel free to tell :)

me, 
Work fine :) 
#Baytrail (official Intel )