LaunchBox Community Forums

Not getting option to pick 2nd or 3rd disk

LogicalEgo

If you never added the other disks as additional apps and you imported them before they switched to the new system then you won't have them. Also there are naming and folder conventions that they have to follow in order to be picked up and add as the 2nd disc during the import.

When you launch the game LaunchBox never asks you what disc you want to load. If you imported your game and it automatically merged the discs, right click the entry and select your disc from there. Double clicking it will automatically launch the first disc. If you imported them and they didn't automatically merge and there are multiple entries then you would have to either re-import them to get them merged or add them to the additional apps section your self. To swap discs you save state, close down, load the next disc, and load state; at least for swapping discs.

9 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

When you launch the game LaunchBox never asks you what disc you want to load. If you imported your game and it automatically merged the discs, right click the entry and select your disc from there. Double clicking it will automatically launch the first disc. If you imported them and they didn't automatically merge and there are multiple entries then you would have to either re-import them to get them merged or add them to the additional apps section your self. To swap discs you save state, close down, load the next disc, and load state; at least for swapping discs.

What about in Bigbox, it shows as a single entry but does not show disk 2 or 3 in the game details? Do I need to place them all in the same folder with the same name as the rom, or just reimport them?

Edited by keltoigael

If you press the play button a game, it will just play it, but you open the game like it was another menu, it gives you lots of other context menu items and that should include multiple discs.

Did you check in LaunchBox then Big Box? Right click a game in LaunchBox that you know was automatically merged, and check it again in Big Box. As long as it was merged there should be nothing you need to do.

You shouldn't need to re-do much except for re-importing your games. Remove all the entries from a platform and re-import them like you would do. As an example, I need to re-import my Saturn games (I imported them before this feature existed), so i removed all the games, chose to import from files, used Windows search to filter out *.cue files, selected them all with Ctrl + A, hit import. When it came to the LaunchBox Games Database and EmuMovies screens I unchecked all of the boxes so that no media gets downloaded and it imports very fast. Chose to use the folder name for the game name as well. Since all of the media exists already, then there's no need to download more. You might want to use the Media clean-up option as multi disc games may have downloaded multiple copies of the same images, but re-importing is easy.