LaunchBox Community Forums

AHK - Demul Mouse Cursor and Button

Dinomite

Hey everyone,

I'll get straight to it. I've followed Brad's most excellent guide on getting Demul working with Launchbox. Everything has worked great so far. I've got it set to auto load full screen so that when I've loaded a game from Big Box, it'll just load straight up. I've remapped the default AHK that Jason wrote so that I can exit Demul using a button on my PS3 controller using Xinput. For some reason and I've only realised this now is that my PS3 button (Center mapped like the xbox button) isn't coming up as an actual 'joyxx' button. What I've done in the Demul AHK is just mapped it to 'Joy10' which is my R3 button. Not a real hassle but I can't figure out why Retroarch lets me use that button when I mapped it to close Retroarch?

The second issue and the main one I'd like to get resolved is that when auto loaded in full screen, Demul will automatically put my mouse cursor in the center on the screen and won't go away. There's no option in Demul to hide the cursor when like this. Can someone help me write a AHK script maybe that will auto move my mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen? I'm not how to wite the script I need or where in the script the info I need goes. This is what I have now with just the 'Esc' key changed to 'joy10' my PS3's R3 button:

; This section closes Demul when pressing Escape

$joy10::

{

Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}

}

Thanks for any suggestions!

Edited by Dinomite

Because I believe that center jewel button requires Direct Input to be usable? At least with some odd research that's what I've found to be the potential truth. Or if usable, you may have the wrong internal code. Otherwise, why not use Controller Automation in LaunchBox? Similar to RetroArch, you have a hold / modifier button, that then lets use use other buttons for other functions. It's in the Options menu for both Big Box and LaunchBox.

Also, thank you for the kind words. I do appreciate the views!

• Like 1

Thanks for the swift reply Brad! Oh you're most welcome! Those tutorials are not only a huge time saver but have also been a great source of knowledge in setting up emulators and the tricks to getting them how users want. Please keep them coming! I'm sure it's probably been suggested before, but i'd love to one day even see follow up tutorials where as cores/emulators get updated, you revisit using the older tutorials and discuss new features in both the emulator and launchbox /setting up.

I'm more content on keeping the hotkey to exit demul the way it is. I've only added a handful of games to my library and I'll probably only ever completely play Shenmue and play the others every now and then. I'll look into that Jewel button but I'm really happy with the way it works with all my other emulators.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...