LaunchBox Community Forums

How would you go from this to this? (mockup)

Aurel

Hi, thanks for reading this.

So, after collecting thousands of clear logos, and making hundreds myself, I'm trying... well, to get rid of them in the games view. How silly, I know.
After months using BigBox, It's just more convenient to browse games using a list (to my taste).

Problem: I really like and spent lot of time on my custom theme. I just would like to replace the coverflow logos with a list in the xaml, but after hours of copy/pasting from other game views files, I'm kinda stuck.

Would someone have a bit of time to tell me what to write in my cced xaml so I get a list instead of the coverflow logos please?

Thank you!

c719dd0f-6b32-4bbe-9acb-e6f8f4b449c9.jpg

WheelGamesView.xaml

Edited by Aurel

Damn.

(Well, I guess that's why it's called the wheel games view.)

I gave it a try yesterday, but the list view seems way more complicated to theme than the wheel one.

I guess I'll have to try harder : /

Thanks for the answer!

Edited by Aurel

So, as @Grila adviced me to, I themed the list games view.

I'm pretty close now:  I'm looking to reduce the font size + the number of games displayed + the spacing between the names, but I don't know how.
I successfully changed the colors of the text and selector, but I can't find what file to edit.
Each time I re-re-read the documentation and make some changes, I can't see any effect in BigBox.

Any idea of what I could do wrong ? : )

capture1.png

capture2.png

Edited by Aurel

The list views properties are linked to the "styles" xaml files. The one you're looking for, if I'm not mistaken (no access atm), is the listboxstyle.xaml and listboxitemstyle.xaml. It's a little confusing at first, but just take the time to look them over and make small changes at a time and see how it reflects in your theme. It's not too hard, just takes a bit of patience.

Edit:

Sorry, just re-read your post and it seems you have already found those settings in the styles xaml. The font size is one of those two files I mentioned, can't remember which one. As far as limiting the items displayed, the only way I've found so far is to actually reduce the height of the list box.

Edited by Grila

Sure!

The backgrounds come from the awesome @viking vids : 

Regarding the platforms logos, I made them myself, but I'm not happy with them yet. That said, if you want something close, it's very easy: the brand in one color only, then a short name in arial black.
I made this so it's easier to find nintendo / sega / sony consoles. it's very convenient, but not pretty yet : )

• Like 1