LaunchBox Community Forums

Write Access Error

Newlander

Hi guys , just update to the beta and now have this error message when trying to open BB , regular LB works just fine , i have full rights over the folder , im gonna try to move to another folder to see if it fixes the issue , may i suggest in future build to possibly change the default directory of LB?

Capture.PNG

from your posts so far, i've only seen you try using LB inside special directories. 

would you be able to try LB installed in something like:

c:\Launchbox

if you still get permissions issues, maybe there is a real bug here.

i'm assuming you are using a user account that is in the administrators group?

also, does that file actually exist "._BackgroundView.xaml"? if it does, can you open it with notepad? if you can open it with notepad, will it let you save a change in that file (anything)?

Edited by ckp

this seems related to the new theme stuff maybe.

i have a feeling if you open your Launchbox\Data\BigBoxSettings.xml file with notepad, you may see:

<Theme>CleanBG</Theme>

If you change CleanBG to Default, it may set you back to the default theme and work.

yeah , Ive tried multiple directories and now different HDDS only solution Ive found is to just delete all my themes (all referenced files exist) have checked my backup which is on 6.12 which for some reason im only able to change to the minimalHD theme all the rest dont seem to want to work