LaunchBox Community Forums

Turbo CD/PC Engine CD

gam3rz3r0

I'm having issues getting certain games running in retroarch, Namely  Nexzr, Pop'n Magic and Mugen Senshi Valis - Legend of a Fantasm Soldier. All of the other CD based games I have tried (so far) work well. These games do start up and show a company logo then go to a screen which I believe is an error screen. Anyone with these issues know how to resolve them? 

For more info I have the the bios and have followed the latest LB tutorial that was just released .

Pop'n_Magic_(NTSC-J)_[TJCD2027]-161113-205119.png

Nexzr_(NTSC-J)_[NXCD2014]-161113-205306.png

Are these games which have audio files along side the bin / cue files? If so, for RetroArch, these need to be in a specific file format (I can't remember which one, I believe MP3), for which you can just do a simple conversion for, or the games could be bad rips. If you could try and find another rip, convert the audio files if they have them to the format RetroArch likes, or find a rip that doesn't have the audio files, then that could work.

As a test, I got Nexzr to run, and it was a ccd / img combo. I kind of lied in the tutorial (actually I thought it was true at the time), but I do actually have some ccd games. xD My version of Nexzr doesn't have any audio files, and it launched just fine, so I am leaning towards a potentially bad rip.

• Like 1