LaunchBox Community Forums

Resolved - Deletions and Name Changes Not Taking Effect - Issue #140

hubz

I've been working on the Game Boy section and have had some name changes and image deletions go through and be accepted but they don't seem to be taking effect. The big one is Arcade Classics No. 1's name not matching the rest.

Also if anyone wants to help with the Game Boy let me know, I'll tell you me method and would love the help.

- Hubz

Thanks for the info! Will look into it.

Edit: On it now. Will advise once I figure out what's up.

Edit2: Quick update. Seems like the deletion requests are getting approved and are going through the deletion process, but then are not being deleted. Which is odd, but the good news is that this should be resolved quickly :).

Edited by Vlansix

Right, good news and bad news.

I actually can't reproduce this on my end. (i.e., when I grab the deletion requests, remove the approval for them and then approve them myself normally through the moderation UI, they work. When I look at them going through the code, they also work as expected. When I try deleting any other game, that also works. When I try to make a new account, upgrade it to moderator and have it approve the deletion, that also works. So, basically, it works. The bad news is that there seems to be certain conditions where it doesn't. Might be related to the previous archive. 

So, here's the plan- If you keep encountering this in a week or so, let me know. Add links, like FistyDollars, so I have more data to work with :). I'm hopeful that it's just the system having some issues with the removal of over two million moderation requests and not finding certain bits of data that were linked to some requests that weren't approved at the time of archival.

Edited by Vlansix

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a few games not stay deleted: Abarenbou Tengu for the NES, 3DSCraft for the 3DS, DSCraft for DS, Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic the Hedgehog 3 for Genesis had approved deletion requests, but are still there. Also, had a request to add an alternate name to 3-D WorldRunner for the NES get approved, but the alternate name wasn't added ("The 3-D Battles of WorldRunner".) In addition, a Fan Box Front for Mr. President! for Windows was approved for deletion, but is still thereBubble Bobble Plus! for Nintendo Wii had a deletion for this Box Front be ignored.

Sorry for the big list of problems.

I personally like Sonic and Knuckles + Sonic 3, as it makes sense. Those games were totally meant to be one and can be played together for the full experience... so part of me wishes it'd stay. xD It'd be more accurate with the Rom hack specification though.

Also, crap. We were hoping the delete bug wouldn't rear it's ugly head, @Vlansix was afraid it wasn't gone. X_X

48 minutes ago, SentaiBrad said:

I personally like Sonic and Knuckles + Sonic 3, as it makes sense. Those games were totally meant to be one and can be played together for the full experience... so part of me wishes it'd stay. xD It'd be more accurate with the Rom hack specification though.

Also, crap. We were hoping the delete bug wouldn't rear it's ugly head, @Vlansix was afraid it wasn't gone. X_X

Sorry, I should have elaborated on that. There is ALSO an entry called "Sonic 3 &  Knuckles", which is the correct title of the combined games according to Sega. The other entry is a duplicate of that with the name I listed. I completely agree with you on the validity of that game. 

For what it's worth, the percentage of deletions with issues is still much lower than its ever been, I'm just making sure nothing slips through the cracks. 

Edited by FistyDollars

Of course, we certainly appreciate it. Knowing that it's a duplicate then, for sure the not-correct one should be deleted. I bet that one got created because I recall the rom being called that, but just because the rom is called that doesn't mean it's what the game is called. ;)

22 minutes ago, FistyDollars said:

Update: There are also two entries for "Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal" for PS2, despite me having successfully submitted one for deletion.

Yeah, I've also submitted one for deletion.

You submitted for this one right ? http://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/7683. Because the other one has all the artwork. 

Just now, FistyDollars said:

No, I submitted the other one, since at the time, it was named Ratchet & Clank 3, and we generally prioritize the North American title. However, since it's now been changed, it's probably better that the other one be deleted. Artwork can be re-submitted though.

Then both will be deleted since the other one got accepted for deletion as well..... :o

Aye, i'll be looking into this shortly. Kind of annoying that this is still happening. I won't be resubmitting the oreviously approved requests as some people may resubmit and/or change those entries, and I don't like mass deleting things generally speaking, so no worries.

Yeah looks like my deletion wasn't processed despite being approved on Castelvania Adventure for Gameboy on the old front box art image. And my changes to Bonk's revenge on the Gameboy for overview and publisher and ESRB that were approved haven't applied yet either but it's not quite been 48 hours yet so that could be why?

14 hours ago, hubz said:

Yeah looks like my deletion wasn't processed despite being approved on Castelvania Adventure for Gameboy on the old front box art image. And my changes to Bonk's revenge on the Gameboy for overview and publisher and ESRB that were approved haven't applied yet either but it's not quite been 48 hours yet so that could be why?

Well it could take up to 48 hours after approval, but it's a guesstimate, it could be 2 hours if approved at the right time. The shorter the better obviously.