LaunchBox Community Forums

Please help with multi-disc Amiga titles in FSUAE!

iandmr

When I run the FSUAE launcher program in windows I see the multiple discs in the media swap area for a multiple disc game. If I start the emulator from the launcher I can use F12 to swap discs and everything works well.

If I start the same game from launchbox it runs FSUAE but when I use F12 I can only see Disc 1. If I right click the game in launchbox all the discs are listed and they are listed in the additional apps section of the game when I edit it in launchbox.

I have read a lot and watched tutorial videos but there is clearly something wrong somewhere!!

Please help......!

Yes the video is excellent. I used it to set up the amiga but I still don't see the extra discs when I hit F12 after starting in launchbox. I must be doing something odd.

Thanks for the reply anybody got any other ideas about what would cause the extra discs to show when you start a game in the FSUAE launcher but not when you start through launchbox?

Yes, I can't recommend the WHDLoad versions highly enough. That's really what the video was designed to be used with, though ADF games do work too - I have a number of games setup with ADF versions where a WHDLoad version isn't available. WHDLoad is significantly easier to deal with though and, like you said, significantly faster than ADF. In general it's just a much more hassle-free experience.

• 11 months later...

Hi, sorry to post on an old thread, but I am having the same problem as the OP. I have set up everything in the launcher as in the video and I use .adf files. When using the launcher directly everything is 100% on point. However when running a game through launchbox only disk 1 of any multidisk  game is available. I though I'd done something wrong and went back to the launcher, ran the same game  and all 3 disks are listed after pressing f12. I went back to launchbox and only disk 1 again after running the game. Is there a way around this without having to change to WHDLoad? Thanks for a great tutorial.

Well the OAGD (Open Retro) has configs for adfs too, so theoretically at least some of your stuff should have UUIDs that can be exported for them. I don't have a ton of adf stuff in my library - basically just stuff where there isn't a WHDLoad version available - and among those some had configs already via the OAGD which can be exported/imported as UUIDs. The stuff that isn't in the OAGD already though will need configs made for them.