LaunchBox Community Forums

Highlighted version of wheel Logo?

damageinc86

I almost spent a year's time helping to finish a full wheel set in Hyperspin for a theme called "HyperMamu" where a member by the name of EvilDindon put mamu's icons next to the wheel, and did a cool highlighting trick that put a red "highlighted" version of the original "grayed out" wheel, on top of it once you had it selected.  I think it was a really cool idea to highlight the game that you are on with a separate image fade on top of the first image.  Would that be an option that might be of some interest to include? 

HyperMamu Version 1.png

Edited by damageinc86

Something similar is possible with a little trick in Big Box as well.

You have to split the wheel in 3 sections were the section in the middle only contains the currently selected game. Then you add a fade over the upper and lower sections and it looks like the wheel in the middle section is highlighted. I use that exact same method in my own theme as well.

Well, what you describe is exactly that: a workaround for HyperSpin. I'm not saying it's a bad idea but recreating that workaround to work similar in Big Box would be way too limited to work just for this specific scenario, so I don’t see a native support for it coming any time soon. If a build-in solution for this will come than it will most likely work/look very similiar to my current workaround which only uses one wheel logo per game.

Here’s a video of my theme and my workaround. You could “gray out” the other wheels even more if it isn’t dark enough for you

Oh yeah I can see it.  Pretty good, just that you can see the hard line as the wheel comes up to being a more saturated one.  And yes it's a workaround, just thought I'd bring it up though, because you never know.  It took months before anyone addressed the sluggish wheel, and now adjusting that speed is a standard option.