LaunchBox Community Forums

Video Issue-Sega CD on genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll

jarpenner

Hi Folks,

I have been monkeying around with emulators and front-ends for several years and just discovered Launchbox, which I immediately backed after trying it out.

So far, I have been getting my head wrapped around some of the more complex emulators, but ran into a minor problem with my Sega CD setup.  I am using Retro Arch as my emulator and have genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll as my core to run my .bin/.cue game combos for my Sega CD games.  I have just loaded up three games to see how it runs.  I am able to get all three games (Dragons Lair, Lunar - The Silver Star & Sonic CD) running with no issue.  The problem, however, is with how the games are displayed.    Lunar - The Silver Star displays properly and uses up the entire 4x3 screen area that it should.    Dragon's Lair and Sonic CD, on the other hand, initially display as they should through the launch screens, but as soon as the game starts, the image screen is pushed to the left 3rd of the screen and is skewed.  The remaining 2/3 of the right side of the screen is black.  I have poked around in Retro Arch and searched the web for a solution, to no avail.  I even looked to see if there may have been a unique bios required for these two games, but I did not see that option in RetroArch

I was going to test some other games, but they are in an .iso and .ape format and I am not sure how to convert them to a .bin/.cue format.

Has anyone experienced this video issue before?  If not, maybe I have a couple of bad bin/cue files.  Having said that, how would I convert the .iso/.ape combo to bin/.cue

Thanks for any assistance that you can offer.

John

P.S. Launchbox, where have you been all of my emulating life?  Love it.

Edited by jarpenner
typo

That is weird that it would shift over but check in your video settings and see if Custom Viewport X Pos and Y look like this.

2016-12-02 21_29_03-RetroArch   __ Frames_ 2304.jpgIt is possible to convert games to cue + bin. You would need to start by converting your .ape files to .wav, then you would need to mount your disk image in virtual cd program like Daemon Tools or Virtual Clone Drive. Once mounted you could use ImgBurn to create a new image in cue + bin format. Depending on how many you have you may be better off getting new dumps.

• Like 1

Okay.  I fixed the problem.  I was using a nightly build, but after re-installing Retro Arch, it looks like all is good in Segaland.  Thanks for following up with me Brad and Monkus.  

I realized it was not core related as the same problem was happening with the Sega 32X games too.  Life is good again.  Now to tackle the Dreamcast.  I am so glad we no longer need third party iso mounting software to play. :-)

Edited by jarpenner
added salutation

14 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

Could you possibly get some screen shots of your video settings ? The best way is to load a game, switch into windowed mode then while you have the video settings visible take a screen cap.

Also are you using any shaders ?

I may have been messing around with the shaders ;-)  See below.  It is fixed now.

Edited by jarpenner