LaunchBox Community Forums

Clear logo help within Criticalzone 1.3

InfinityFox

I was trying to decide where to post this because it is both theme and media related and I decided on here. I absolutely love the latest theme by CriticalCid and have no problems with it, but came across and issue that I'm having problems dealing with. There maybe an easy fix or not I just don't know, but I'm hoping you guys can help out.

Anyway, I've just imported some spectrum roms and had grabbed a rather nice collection of clear logos from the Hyperspin ftp for the games I had imported and unfortunately a number of then are in black writing and with the green background used in the theme, you can barely see the logos. I thought it was just a question of opening up the basic paint program in windows and changing the logo by using the fill function. Doing so however seems to change the text but the clear logo is not a clear logo anymore, so I get a big white rectangle around the altered text. I really like the theme as it is with the green swirling and fading background and don't really want to get rid of it if it is possible. 

I guess there are two things that could rectify this, one being a correctly edited image that has a brighter colour and a transparent background or if the scroll area where the logos pass through is not transparent. The later I'd imagine would take a bit more work and if I'm honest I kinda like the transparency.

Can anyone give me some help/suggestions on how best to sort this...

Thank guys

This is really strange then, because when I view these logos in explorer they do not have a checkered background?

Just a white background with the black artwork, and when viewed in Launchbox just the black writing is visible, however as I mentioned above, change the colour of the black text and a white border appears. I'll post some images so you can see what I mean, and will checkout paint.net tomorrow.

Thanks Bizzar721

Microsoft Paint doesn't support any transparency and will always turn any transparent background into a white one. Like some users already suggested you'll have to use another tool like Paint.NET, Gimp or Photoshop for it. Also make sure to always save/export your images as .PNG files because .JPEG doesn't support transparency either.

1 hour ago, CriticalCid said:

Microsoft Paint doesn't support any transparency and will always turn any transparent background into a white one. Like some users already suggested you'll have to use another tool like Paint.NET, Gimp or Photoshop for it. Also make sure to always save/export your images as .PNG files because .JPEG doesn't support transparency either.

Or that to, lol

God, I feel so dumb. I gotta hand it to you @CriticalCid ... At least you pay attention to what you read. Unfortunately I'm a speed reading freak. He establishes using PAINT in the first paragraph... UGH!

Listen to what Cid said!

Edited by BakerMan
  • Like 1