LaunchBox Community Forums

Resolved - Changes stuck - Issue #???

Brian

Hi,

I requested a change a few weeks ago, which was a new game for the TurboGrafx-16 that currently has 7 approvals and 6 rejections. Perhaps some admin should be able to accept / reject changes for changes that are considered "troubling". With troubling I mean: changes with a lot of votes and no clear outcome and/or that have been idle for a long time.

PS I think the issue with my change request is that there is a variant for the 'arcade' platform.

Hi @Brian, @Jason Carr, @SentaiBrad and Myself are discussing a fix for this. Basically, we currently CAN push changes through, but it's a horrific pain. Last time I did it to troubleshoot the deletion issue, I had to stop for a while and go to my cat room to relax. (I have a room where my cats generally hang out. It's very relaxing.)

The issue here is that the community isn't reaching a consensus. We're slowly working on fixing that (i.e. adding room for comments from change submitters so mods can see why / check out your sources, etc, we'll be addind the guidelines, and more things.)

In any case, to correct for your current problem, we're thinking of cycling back aging requests that are stuck in limbo, like yours. We'll remove all approvals/denials from them and have them circulated again. Probably something like once a month, on the first of the month. They'll either eventually get approved or denied as the community comes to a consensus. Sounds fair?

• 9 months later...
  • Vlansix changed the title to Resolved - Changes stuck - Issue #???
  • Vlansix locked this topic