LaunchBox Community Forums

Filtering Arcade (Platform) by the hardware it runs on (CPS, ST-V, etc.)

LuckyDay

I have my arcade roms imported into the platform "Arcade".   This gives me a big old list of roms, easy to search, but not as easy to browse. 

I'd like to know if I can further organize it by the hardware it runs on.  I understand I could add different platforms for each, but that requires picking out specific rom files (and their dependencies) from the roms folder I have and doing another import for each platform (plus setting up each 'Emulator' even though they would all use MAME).

If I can add another filter field for example called 'hardware', I could just select them within Launchbox and batch change that field (easier because I can use criteria to find all of a certain hardware).

The user @Antropus made a program called "Lightspeed" which makes that very easy. It adds the MAME driver info (which are basically emulation cores for the different arcade hardware types like Capcom Play System, Neo Geo, etc) for each game. But unfortunately his tool doesn’t work with the latest LB versions anymore. He is working on a new version of his program which will work with the current LB releases but he seems to be very busy at the moment. So unfortunately you have to wait until he releases the updated version of it. You can find his thread here: