LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble Creating Platform

angelobodetti

Hi All,

I am trying to create a custom arcade platform called "Street Fighter Collection" where I will have all of my MAME street fighter games - i want it to look like its own system (i have this set up in Hyperspin).

My issue is that no matter how i try to import a rom it keeps saying "0 roms imported successfully" and no explanation as to why not. Even if i just try to "Add" a rom, that doesn't work because it won't let me select my newly crated "Street Fighter Collection" platform.

Very frustrating and odd.

Has anyone been able to create a "fake" platform before? I thought I saw Brad do it in some videos but not sure why I am not having any luck.

Thank you for the help. I got it sorted out but I basically had to copy the arcade XML file and adjust it to get the ball rolling. Once LB recognized the new platform, everything was easy.

Does LB not allow the same game in 2 different platforms? If i wanted my street fighter mame games in arcade AND in this new platform I made, will it not work? Or do I need to manually add them for both?

Also - not sure if there is a bug but I redirected the platform folders to the arcade platform, and although it worked at the 1st level of videos it never looked in the video theme folder. 

Either way, thank you for the help and although manual and painful I'm glad I got this sorted.