LaunchBox Community Forums

How do I rename a platform?

Retrofrogg

The platform menu on the left of the screen is a handy way to choose your platform. However, some platform names (e.g. "Nintendo Entertainment System") are quite long. I don't want to truncate the platform names, but I also don't want the platform window to take up lots of space which could be used by the games. The sensible thing would therefore be to change the platform name to "NES". I cannot figure out how to do this simple thing & would appreciate some help! Thanks.

If you rename a platform it will be a renamed platform, and you will need to rename your Nintendo Entertainment System folder in Images, Music, Manuals and Video to the new 'NES' platform, since you've set it up as that platform and changing the name will create a new NES folder. Go in to Tools -> Manage Platforms, rename it to NES then change the Scrape As box to Nintendo Entertainment System so that way it still functions as the proper platform.