LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox and using EPSXE Cue/Bin games with multiple bins

cleverest

I am importing these games into Launchbox (the CUE files only, the bins DO reside where they reside...) to be used by EPSXE 2.05, but I'm wondering if I will have any trouble, I have them uncompressed into individual directories to keep it all neat and they import and launch fine...but many have MANY BIN files...am I going to notice this while playing these games?  Must these be mounted/burned/ripped in order to have full compatibility or am I worrying over nothing?

Thanks all.

Edited by cleverest

There shouldn't be any problems whatsoever with what you are describing as long as the extra files are just bins. If the other files are audio files then there will most likely be issues.

If you want to just for neatness, you can mount the disk image with something like Daemon Tools Lite and re-dump the image using ImgBurn to a cue and single bin file. This will not make any difference in the gameplay and the emulation at all though.

Awesome, three questions if you would be so kind (appreciate this)

1.) is it possible to batch convert and leaving it overnight?  
2.) Also is there any compatibility issues at all that may exist with games that DO convert (a reason to NOT do so) with PCSX2 that you aware of?
3. can this conversion be done in the case of a cue and many bin files PER game, or must it be one CUE and BIN? (requiring the previous steps you mentioned be done first)

Thanks for letting me know about this and for the help.

Cool thanks a lot! You've given me something to look forward to in my question to fit as much as possible onto an 8TB hard drive...I've just passed the 6TB mark and I still go stuff to add to this collection so all this will help....

I have all my Gamecube games compressed to .gcz and all my PSP games compressed to .cso - a painstaking slow process over the last few weeks, but I'm squeezing every bit of space that I can, without impacting performance/compatibility as much as possible...I'm probably missing some opportunities, but those were my main concern until now with PSX, and also would love an equal solution for Dreamcast games...

It says " Dreamcast emulators such as Demul and Reicast will play the archive format CHD. Use GDI to CHD Converter to convert your games." but I have yet to try, and I don't think I have many GDI games anyways...at least that don't have tons of BIN/RAW files with them, not sure how that works...guess I should try, LOL

Edited by cleverest