LaunchBox Community Forums

Wii Emulation & Wii Remotes

InfinityFox

I've had in my possession a Dolphin Bar and two Wii Remotes for some time now but just hav'nt got around to setting anything up. It's been on my list of things to do, however I came across a YouTube video in November last year which talked about the latest version of Dolphin and the new Bluetooth support. To cut a long story short, they mentioned that this new addition to the emulator kind of broke the Dolphin bar and caused some problems. I would have thought a firmware update would have come from the manufacturer of the Dolphin bar but the latest update was in August of last year before the release of Dolphin 5.0. I've not even attempted setting the bar and the controllers and rather than waste a couple of hours on a fruitless task, I thought I'd check here and see if this is an issue? I hope it's been fixed and those of you guys using the same setup can give me the heads up on the situation.

Thanks

The new Bluetooth pass-thru option doesn't affect using the Dolphin Bar.

The Dolphin Bar however, does NOT support the new Bluetooth option.

So you can't use both at the same time.

I tried the new Bluetooth pass-thru option using my bluetooth and the only difference I really noticed was the Wii remote speaker sound was now clear instead of the crackled/muffed sound when using the Dolphin Bar.  Using that option you can't use the IR part of the Dolphin Bar which you need for some games also.

For me, just sticking with the Dolphin Bar is currently the best option. It just works,even easier than the connecting on the Wii itself. It was as simple as selecting the right Mode (4), syncing remotes, and telling Dolphin to use real remotes. Working flawlessly for months now.

• Like 1