LaunchBox Community Forums

Background Video not showing up

lexx

Hey hey :)

I'm relatively new to the Launchbox and I just bought a premium license. Unfortunately I have a little problem with a Theme - or more like with the background video that comes with it.

It is the CriticalZone City Hunter Theme, that was featured on the Launchbox Youtube-Channel about two days ago.
I've set the Theme to CriticalZone - Cityhunter and set the Video Playback to VLC, but the background still remains black.
I also tried to set the Playback to the Media-Player, but with no luck.

Is there anything that I've missed? Something that I've not seen? Is that background bound to anything?

Any help would be appreciated.

<2
lexx

Edit: Maybe something wrong in the Themes\CriticalZone - CityHunter\ThemeSettings.xml? (Just looked up entries with 'Video' in it).

<ForceGamesDisableBackgroundVideos>true</ForceGamesDisableBackgroundVideos>
    <ForceGamesEnableBackgroundVideos>false</ForceGamesEnableBackgroundVideos>
    <ForcePlatformsDisableBackgroundVideos>true</ForcePlatformsDisableBackgroundVideos>
    <ForcePlatformsEnableBackgroundVideos>false</ForcePlatformsEnableBackgroundVideos>

Edited by lexx

Cid has had to answer this question an awful lot lately maybe an initial setup could be added to BigBox with checkboxes letting them setup their theme, image and video options before the app runs the 1st time. Plex Home Theater app has a similar setup in the beginning when it runs where you set your speaker type and a few settings. Just an idea to help new users with common issue that are reoccurring.