LaunchBox Community Forums

Total Noob with lots of questions

ABeezy13

Awesome, thanks! One more thing while I am messing around. I really love the idea of those retro achievements. I found out snes9x2010 is the best supported for this. How can I switch that to be the default core in RA and have that one open when i click a game in LB/BB? I thought I did everything...

* Download that core in RA
* Change settings to what I prefer and save a new configuration
* Then in LB I hit tools - manage emulators -  Retroarch - Associated platforms. From here I added a new line, a second super nintendo line, typed in the correct path/parameters and made sure the snes9x2010 was checked as the default and unchecked the other SNES line so its NOT default... Also added my custom config parameters... what gives?

Random question... How does LB/BB know a game is "completed"? What does it base the criteria on? For example I have beat 1 SNES game and one Sega Genesis game... by beat I mean I made it through the game and defeated the final boss. Under both systems it shows zero for games completed.

You have to track that manually in Launch Box (there isn't any place to tick that in Big Box yet). If you edit the game, there is a box to check that you completed it under where the game's version info would be. This make an icon show up in Big Box as well (next to the rating icon) in your Game Details view. I attached a couple screenshots, as well

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

This controller situation still remains a nightmare... might have to head over to their forums when they are back up. I have each controller loaded that I want with each core but it keeps automatically picking up new controllers and assigning them to new binds causing issues for the other controllers previously assigned. If it remains like this I don't see how I will ever get away from mouse and keyboard as I have to keep using that to correct this :(

Speaking of controllers and such in BigBox I went to controller automation (I think thats what its called, away from home pc with BB at the moment..) and I set exit to be start & select.. that does not exit my rom when I playing them. Am I misunderstanding something here?

Well things have been pretty smooth. I want to adjust some things on the big box theme and get the controllers sorted out a little better, but been playing SNES and NES lately.. so awesome. Leads me to my next question. I am playing on the nightly build for RetroArch and using my RetroAchivements account. Is there a way to change the color of the achievement text and possibly the size? its pretty small and its yellow, hard to read at times :P

Edited by ABeezy13

Thanks Brad! I found it, looks like its just the size, font and position I believe. Nothing with color, darn! :P

When uploading Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games is there a way when the games upload and the data populates to ONLY include Genesis and no MD stuff? I know you can set priority but if I don't want it to even download anything MD related is that possible without manually going back through and deleting everything on my own?

What do you mean? Like Mega Drive artwork? Well, if someone uploads the artwork under the proper region in Genesis then LaunchBox could take advantage of those filters eventually, but Jason hasn't gotten there I don't think. I know he wants to build more of that in, but... If I even understood your question right. xD I look at it like this, if the game wasn't going to have artwork anyways, then sure, im fine with other regions artwork.