LaunchBox Community Forums

Games won't launch anymore

Tallion

Hello everyone. I have been using launchbox premium for about a month now. I tried to boot up my Big Box today and it would act like it wanted to start, then nothing would happen. After many failed attempts and a full CPU reboot, it was still not working. I went to the website and redownloaded the launchbox installer. After a reinstall, I can get both Big Box and the desktop version to boot up an all my settings are intact. However, none of my games will load up. When I try to load a rom file, the emulator will open and then do nothing. I checked all my emulators and settings for errors. Nothing seems to remedy the situation.

I'm on Windows 10 using Launchbox 7.4

thanks in advance for any help.

if you check the settings for one of your games in LB, does the path and file name for the rom match with the actual location of your game rom file? maybe post screenshots of the settings of one of your games for the first tab and the emulator tab for people to look at? also it might help to see the settings for the emulator as well.

maybe try adding one game and see if the new one added works?

Edited by ckp

If I have driver issues with my sound card RetroArch will launch everything black screen and no games will work it also effects all of my video players I've also run into issue where bad XBox 360 drivers have made emulators not work so drivers can effect things like that. I was wondering more if drivers were updated and you might need to roll back not update but I guess if none where installed and it stopped working you could try updating

5 minutes ago, ckp said:

Why dont you just try launching the same command that LB is trying for one of these games by running it in a command cmd.exe window without LB. if it works then its pretty certain some xml or something is messed up in your LB. 

I just tried that and it all worked just fine. Very strange issue here.

How many platforms do you have added? Would you consider copying your Image, Manuals, Music and Video folder and starting over with a clean install? When you import your ROMs again just use the checkbox to not download any media and then move your copied asset folders back into LB. This way you don't have to re-download all of the media but you can start over fresh

I'm  quite certain a new clean install will work like dos said, but before you go and copy everything over, just try adding one emulator and one game to be 100% sure.

then you could go into your new Data folder and look at how the xml looks for the emulator and game and compare that to how it looks in your bad install's Data folder. You might see what's wrong and be able to fix it easily with search/replace using Notepad++

i am sure Jason is very busy, but maybe he would be willing to look at your data folder if you can't figure it out to save you from all the work of setting everything up again from scratch.