LaunchBox Community Forums

Saturn - Retroarch not loading (mednafen)

Latch

Are your games in cue + bin format ? Mednafens Saturn emulator is more particular over its disk dumps than Yabause and SSF. Games need to be cue + bin, no external audio tracks at all and even then they may not be "proper dumps". If you can, look for dumps from the release group Darkwater. They have pretty much 100% dumps, I don't recall ever running in to a bad dump from them at all.

Cue+bin + Audio tracks so I guess that's the issue here. I tried a DW file, it came with these, when booting the game I get a message "Uncorrectable data at sector 0" and I get booted into the Saturn CD player part.

Just another bad file(s) then? As its at least booting into the saturn emulator coreUntitled.png^Those are the files that came with the Darkwater Guardian Heroes file

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so I finally figured this out , in retroarch , I used the universal bios, copied it twice and named 1 mpr-17933.bin and the other  sega_101.bin.....Wouldn't ya know it works now ..lol

Which is weird cause in mednafen im not using the universal bios ,but  mpr-17933.bin and  sega_101.bin and they seem to work with mednafen , but not with retroarch

• 5 years later...
On 5/8/2018 at 8:21 PM, shadowfire36 said:

so I finally figured this out , in retroarch , I used the universal bios, copied it twice and named 1 mpr-17933.bin and the other  sega_101.bin.....Wouldn't ya know it works now ..lol

Which is weird cause in mednafen im not using the universal bios ,but  mpr-17933.bin and  sega_101.bin and they seem to work with mednafen , but not with retroarch

Hello. Is there a way to find the universal bios? I have downloded some files but i dont know which one to use. Also, where did you copied the files to?

edit* i managed to find where to copy the files ( i found some files and used the EU.bin if thats correct) but still mednafen does not work. yubause works. Weird. 

Edited by Stavros75

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2023 at 9:05 AM, Stavros75 said:

Hello. Is there a way to find the universal bios? I have downloaded some files but i dont know which one to use. Also, where did you copied the files to?

edit* i managed to find where to copy the files ( i found some files and used the EU.bin if thats correct) but still mednafen does not work. yubause works. Weird. 

I got them from " The internet archive " search there.   

then go in the system folder for retroarch and place it there 

Edited by shadowfire36