LaunchBox Community Forums

Auto start BigBox after Windows started

DazStelfox79

I use my PC on big TV & like to start PC up & get straight into playing games & although not an issue I think that by now Launch Box/Big Box Is everyone's number one choice as a front end for games you should have the option to automatically start Big Box after Windows has loaded without having to touch the mouse & keyboard.

I currently use the BigBox Launcher third party file to achieve this however once Big Box has loaded I have to switch to desktop mode & restart Big Box as the Big Box Launcher file does not play well with Windows games in the xbox app like Forza Horizon 3, something to do with explorer.exe. It would we nice if this feature was implemented into Launch Box/Big Box as myself & like many other people use the PC as a monster gaming console rather than a regular PC.  

57 minutes ago, daz said:

I use my PC on big TV & like to start PC up & get straight into playing games & although not an issue I think that by now Launch Box/Big Box Is everyone's number one choice as a front end for games you should have the option to automatically start Big Box after Windows has loaded without having to touch the mouse & keyboard.

I currently use the BigBox Launcher third party file to achieve this however once Big Box has loaded I have to switch to desktop mode & restart Big Box as the Big Box Launcher file does not play well with Windows games in the xbox app like Forza Horizon 3, something to do with explorer.exe. It would we nice if this feature was implemented into Launch Box/Big Box as myself & like many other people use the PC as a monster gaming console rather than a regular PC.  

I personally use Kodi. I set my pc to boot kodi on boot. And launch Big box from that.

I then have the option to exit bigbox and launch steam Big picture for windows games.

Not sure if this will work for your setup, but just throwing some ideas out there. :)

3 hours ago, daz said:

like to start PC up & get straight into playing games & although not an issue I think that by now Launch Box/Big Box Is everyone's number one choice as a front end for games you should have the option to automatically start Big Box after Windows has loaded without having to touch the mouse & keyboard.

Maybe I'm missing something, but couldn't you just put a shortcut to BigBox in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup ?

Yes if you could set it to delayed start it would help really it shouldn't be that much longer but some people have BigBox pop but not in focus and then if they don't have a mouse and keyboard then they can't control the program so yeah if you were to schedule it that would probably be ideal.

Shelling software doesn't hide explorer it replaces I tried this on my arcade machine but at the time I hadn't added speakers and I was relying on the Bluetooth service to handle sound well without explorer running that service doesn't start so I had to switch back which is actually a pretty specialized use case so it may be an option for you

• 2 weeks later...