LaunchBox Community Forums

Custom platforms for vertical/horizontal arcades

adamtoth

Hello,

I've built a three-sided cocktail table with my son for a multicade setup. We went with three sides so we could play both horizontal and vertical arcade games. 

I want to configure Launchbox with two different arcade platforms, Arcade (Horizontal), and Arcade (Vertical). I have two different mame folders, mame-0.161-vertical, and mame-0.161-horizontal, so that I can have different mame.ini files for each, and can configure the vertical mode to rotate the screen 90 degrees (and do cocktail flipping for the two short sides of the table). 

I am finding the platform/emulator/rom import configuration to be really confusing for this setup. I added a custom platform for vertical, then imported a few roms and chose the emulator path to my vertical mame folder. These games worked as expected. Later I added more roms, tried to scan for updated roms, and my roms imported but without any emulator set.

I don't think the UI was designed for this sort of setup, so I was wondering if you had any quick tips on the best way to get this configured in this manner.

Thanks!

-Adam