LaunchBox Community Forums

Rocketlauncher fade screens

sucramjd

just looking for some feedback guys, I used to make themes over at hyperspin but I fell outta love with that front end, I still use rocketlauncher coz its one hell of a piece of software, anyway I love big box and I'm also using rocketlauncer aswell, I was never to keen on the fades and bezels so i've decided to make my own borrowing a bit of art from here hyperspin and pretty much anywhere I can find good sources thank you  THK for your logos and I miss you and your guidance, :) anyway I was thinking yes the little spinning round thing at the bottom of the fade screen needs spicing up  a bit its boring so here's what i've come up with, a small but not to small system image that was converted from gif to png of a game playing on each system, as far as I'm aware theres no limit on how many frames you can use most so far as been 20 and it runs fine, so as I I said just after a bit of feedback really, oh and its a unified fade and when I get round to it bezel set aswell enjoy.

Screenshot_(1).png

Screenshot_(2).png

Screenshot_(3).png

Screenshot_(4).png

Edited by sucramjd
  • Like 3

thanks mate, its the little image in the bottom right, that I wanted advice on really good Idea or not? it plays a little animated gif converted in photoshop so rocketlauncher can use it not to sure about the tv though, thought i'd go with the time period now I'm not too sure, what do you think?

It would be cool if we could work out different controller/arcade stick button combinations for the bottom as well and way to switch them out...  Ie:  I fire up Mame and a control panel with buttons comes up, or SNES and an xbox or ps controllers shows with the button assignment...  Any way to do that?

26 minutes ago, sucramjd said:

yes you could, but you'd have to have a fade image for every game, I guess you could have the buttons light up on the control pad, tell me more about what you want and i'll see what I can do. i'll work with anyone who wants to get involved in this little project.

I don't want to make it too hard because most people can reassign keys...  But say for instance if we did it by systems.  Heck, even a good start would be to just have each systems controller layout and we could set systems that.

12 hours ago, sucramjd said:

you see how ive got a arcade cab or games console showing a gif (animated screen) so you want a say 360 pad with what animation flashing buttons with txt  or I'm confused. explain to me what you want.

Exactly...  Down in the bottom right where you have the system photo...  If you could put the controllers there for all systems that would be cool.  If it's possible to animate a gif that would be even better.  Make sense?  Trying to keep it easy, but also give the user the heads up on controls when the system is launching.

Great idea! I always loved the idea of fade screens. I'm a fan of clean and simple though. I don't like how people grab the first image of a character related to that system, and throw it in there, it always looks gaudy. I'd like to see some nice clean setup with the system name and the console with the name of the game being launched. I don't need some picture of Bowser or Mario in the New Wii U format pointing at me or whatever. I see so much stuff that this community puts out and it's incredible, but it always comes out with bad designs and stuff, so I never want to use any of it. Simple and clean and minimalist goes a long way. Anyways, that's just me, these would be incredible to have, keep up the awesome work!

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 5:40 PM, sucramjd said:

I don't know i'm just not feeling it with the control pad :(

Screenshot_(14).png

It's you baby buddy you can do what you want...  I like that screen shot.  The problem I have is this.  There are so many controllers, and when you were an Xbox guy growing up I didn't buy Nintendo, etc, so I have no idea of proper layout etc outside of the regular NES.  What you did in that pic is a nice reminder before gameplay...