LaunchBox Community Forums

Ratings(Stars) Question

kastore

Still pretty new to LB but already invested a lot of time; just linking with the cloud and had a noob question:

- Does LaunchBox allow for grabbing rating metadata from ratings (starts) so you see general community ratings within LB?

- Is rating data / stars in the LB client different / distinct from rating data seen in cloud collection / games db?

Ex: Screenshots below for demonstration.  First screenshot shows my Launchbox client with no rating/stars data for that game.  Second screenshot shows rating data from web interface games db (which I'm assuming is metadata from cloud sync of users).

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

On 24/1/2017 at 0:33 PM, SentaiBrad said:

I think the ratings in the Cloud portion is being pulled from the Database, but in the app they're not being pulled at all. I think Jason wants to add community ratings in to LaunchBox, but intends to make them seperate so the user can still rate them.

Hmm yes that would be the best of both worlds. A general rating, and a personal one.

But to make the general rating really useful it should be possible to actually filter by rating, something that at the moment, if I'm not wrong, is not possible with the personal ratings, which makes them "almost" useless. Ah, and they should be integrated in Big Box too, which for some reasoons do not even display them!