LaunchBox Community Forums

My comics platform in Bigbox

JaysArcade

I recently set up a bunch of comics as a platform in Bigbox. All the comics are in CBR or CBZ format. I use CDisplayEx as the reader. Works very well with an arcade cabinet using a keyboard controller (ipac4) but I understand CDisplayEX may have issues with game controllers. The clear logo can be found in the downloads section linked below. The video is some stuff I copied from Youtube. Music in the video is from OCRemix - Apex 2015: This Is the Moment - Track 09 Girl from Another World (Ultra Street Fighter IV) [Neblix] . I'm sure someone with more talent than me could make a much nicer video, but for now its a nice filler for the platform. Since I made this for personal use and didn't ask permission for the source files, I won't be able to share the video, but to be honest, It was really pretty simple to make if you have any video editing skillz at all. :ph34r:

Will I actually read comics on my cabinet? Probably not, LOL

• Like 4
  • Unusual Gem 1

Im planning on doing this at some point.... eventually. Was also thinking about maybe... if playing a system like nes or ms etc, when pause is pressed, have a comic open, unpause and it closes... See how it goes, might look taky.

Anyway, looks good.

• Like 1

That would be pretty cool. What exactly would it scrape? Characters, Series info, Cover art, stuff like that? 

For my cover art, I used Comic Rack with a plugin that batch extracts the first page of each archive. You have to edit the script slightly so it renames each extracted image the same as the source archive. I found it to be extremely useful for grabbing the cover art for all those comics without going into each one manually. http://comicrack.cyolito.com/forum/13-scripts/3052-extract-only-1st-page-in-archive-cover-page