LaunchBox Community Forums

I have tons of Video Snaps missing from Emumovies, how do I share them?

donatello

Aloha Community

I have messaged a launchbox staff member but to not spam them all with the same message I thought I would reach out to the community for advice. I am now a lifetime member for both launchbox and emumovies. I noticed that there are hundreds of games that emumovies and launchbox did not detect during my rom data/media scans, I suspect that you guys just do not have all the video snaps which makes sense. I mean that is a lotttt of videos for helllla games!

Well I just graduated with my degree in dance, computer graphics and history (triple major) from university of hawaii and have too much free time during my transition into the workforce now that i am back home (seattle). Since I have been back I have created tons of HD video snaps for hundreds of games on the PSP, Wii and other platforms. Is there any way for me to upload them to launchbox or emumovies so that the community may enjoy them?

Sorry for such a remedial question. More sorry if I am not allowed to ask these kind of questions. I may take a while to respond since I am rather slow with consistently checking up on the launchbox website. 

(^_^)

Best,

Donatello

• Like 1

Which staff member did you message? Also, did you manually check the Database or EmuMovies if they had the entry? A game can also not be on the Database but be found on EmuMovies, these are two completely separate systems, LaunchBox just reads the API for EM. Either way, it would be best to contact Circo over at EM and get them uploaded on to their FTP if they meet their standards. They may also have a bunch of video that is not public, but just like us, their list gets longer by the day too I bet. I am sure @circo would love the help though, and of course it benefits us as well.

8 hours ago, SentaiBrad said:

Which staff member did you message? Also, did you manually check the Database or EmuMovies if they had the entry? A game can also not be on the Database but be found on EmuMovies, these are two completely separate systems, LaunchBox just reads the API for EM. Either way, it would be best to contact Circo over at EM and get them uploaded on to their FTP if they meet their standards. They may also have a bunch of video that is not public, but just like us, their list gets longer by the day too I bet. I am sure @circo would love the help though, and of course it benefits us as well.

Hi 

I messaged Kirstin. I manually checked the database for different name variations until it found the version of game I had, no problem. But many games were missing the video snaps, which I knew getting into my big box/emu movies purchase would be happening (i read the disclaimer). I will contact circo so I can upload the videos, thank you for steering me into the right direction. I just want to do my part in adding to the data base so to somewhat lighten the load from other people. 

Cheers

I have a little over 300 custom video snaps for my PSP, Wii, DS and PS2 collection and all in HD. thats about 20gb of space. I do not know where I could upload all of these in bulk. But "sentaibrad" just steered me in the right direction in regards to whom I should communicate with over at EmuMovies. Hopefully you can have access to all these snaps soon jayjay.

Cheers

• Like 5