LaunchBox Community Forums

Cemu 1.7.0d Unable to open file

Lancer-am

I have setup CEMU in Launchbox, I have -g in the default command line parameters but every time I try to launch a game, I get the message "Unable to open file"

I am loading .wud's. When manually opening them through cemu they play fine. 

I thought that maybe since I was loading the isos from a network drive that was possibly the issue so I mapped the network location as a drive and that had no change.

I am on Launchbox 7.6 currently

Edited by Lancer-am

I'm on the same build of Cemu using the same command line and can launch games just fine in LB still (on the latest 7.6 release for that, too). The only difference is that I am running games from their RPX, so not sure why you are having trouble with the images. Are you sure the filename/path to the actual WUD is correct in LB? It doesn't usually give that message that I recall, but still worth a check.

I'm not sure how LB feels about running from an LNK, but you could make a shortcut to Cemu, re-name that to the title of the game, right-click and choose Properties and in the Target line under the General tab, add the -f (if you want fullscreen) -g command line options without quotes and then the full path to the WUD in quotes. Save it and then point LB at it and see if it boots it up that way. If it does (and it certainly should outside of LB) then you can do that same process for each game and use those LNKs as the ROMs in LB.

Would look something like: "C:\Users\Lancer\Downloads\cemu_1.7.0\Cemu.exe" -f -g "H:\WiiU\Super.Mario.3D.World\sm3dw.wud"

My LB Cemu config looks like the following:

Untitled.png

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

I have tried with and without quotes and it made no difference. I always assume the quotes means you are using a non ansi standard name which mine are all compliant. 

Launchbox hasn't had any issues launch other emulators with my files sitting on the network drive. I tried dumping my wud to loadline and again CEMU plays it great but if I try to launch from Launchbox I get "Unable to open file"

It was worth a shot, but still no difference. This feel like something is getting messed up from what launchbox is passing to cemu, like I said this works correctly if I just launch it from the command line myself using the same format the launchbox says it is. Is there any log launchbox where I could see what command it is issuing?

Maybe LB doesn't like launching from the mapped network drive for some reason?

I don't know. It's pretty strange.

My LB config is identical to yours for cemu and I tried moving Super Mario 3D World to a different drive volume to see if that caused a problem loading the RPX, but it worked as it always has, so I don't think it's anything to do with your configuration.

Maybe try copying the game to a local volume and see if that makes a difference?

I tried copying the game to my system and running it but still no change. I am going to try a fresh install of Launchbox next and see if that changes anything. I transfered this install to my server that holds all of my roms since it is strong enough to play WiiU and that didn't change anything either. Fresh install of Launchbox is the only other thing I can think of.

SOLVED IT!

Ok some important lessons learned. As I suspected, it was what Launchbox was passing to Cemu that was causing the issue. Unfortunately I could not find any logging in Launchbox to see what that was. So I decided on a poor man's logging. I created a simple batch file that pointed to cemu and used parameters to bring in the switches and paths that Launchbox was sending it. Then I assigned that batch file as the application path for Cemu. 

C:\Users\Lancer\Downloads\cemu_1.7.0\Cemu.exe %1 %2 %3

break

This left a cmd window open so I could see what was there.  At first glance everything looked ok, but I noticed rather than "-f -g" it said "-g -f" Which was weird because I had it set as "-f -g" in edit emulator. I decided to try just -g. Weirdly Launchbox still was passing "-g -f". On the game I decided to put in custom parameters of just "-g". Low and behold it launched....... So I went into the XML for the emulator and it was just like I had it in edit emulator. Finally I went back into edit emulator and went into Associated Platforms. I had the default command lines entered there as well but they were "-g -f" which was overwriting my other command lines. Basically Cemu does not like -g before -f. If you guys want to replicate my issue switch those two and I bet it throws a fit like it did for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lancer-am said:

SOLVED IT!

Ok some important lessons learned. As I suspected, it was what Launchbox was passing to Cemu that was causing the issue. Unfortunately I could not find any logging in Launchbox to see what that was. So I decided on a poor man's logging. I created a simple batch file that pointed to cemu and used parameters to bring in the switches and paths that Launchbox was sending it. Then I assigned that batch file as the application path for Cemu. 

C:\Users\Lancer\Downloads\cemu_1.7.0\Cemu.exe %1 %2 %3

break

This left a cmd window open so I could see what was there.  At first glance everything looked ok, but I noticed rather than "-f -g" it said "-g -f" Which was weird because I had it set as "-f -g" in edit emulator. I decided to try just -g. Weirdly Launchbox still was passing "-g -f". On the game I decided to put in custom parameters of just "-g". Low and behold it launched....... So I went into the XML for the emulator and it was just like I had it in edit emulator. Finally I went back into edit emulator and went into Associated Platforms. I had the default command lines entered there as well but they were "-g -f" which was overwriting my other command lines. Basically Cemu does not like -g before -f. If you guys want to replicate my issue switch those two and I bet it throws a fit like it did for me. 

Glad you got it figured out! I didn't think to have you check the default emulator tab for any command line options being set there. Total pain in the ass, but at least everything is working as it should :)