LaunchBox Community Forums

My Gaming & Emulation Backgound: What's You're Legacy?

ResidentEvul13

As far as I can remember I have been a gamer hell I think I was born one with it embedded in my DNA code... The very first game my father got me was

#Pong and I didn't know wth it was but I was instantly addicted... so many different games, systems, consoles, etc man gaming has come so far. Not the mention it is now and has been for years the largest source of entertainment in the universe! Imagine that shyte! Anyways this post is for me to officially let you all in on my life and legacy as a gamer, game designer, and my history of emulation etc... Emulation for me and so many others started with the Sega Dreamcast some 20+ years ago. Because myself along with a hand full of the most gifted and insane programmers ever born started emulating and modding anything we could get our hands on literally.. Lol when we first realized that one of the absolute best built consoles in the world could play burnt copies of games without fail we were hooked! That would be the Sega Dreamcast...  As far as I know it still to this day one of the few systems that never crashed, never broke, never had any technical issues whatsoever, as far as I know but when I got bored one day and wanted to play games my friends had I burnt them and just popped them in and Viola!!!

#Dreamcast had some amazing games man but it died fast when Sony realized piracy had plagues their baby lol. Right after that I went on to mod my first system: Sony Playstation One Mini... Believe it or not I still have the very first built first generation one [i'll add ss later] and I build what is known for modding psone and ps2 as #Jumpers... Remember there was no way to play games in the PSX with the lid open otherwise the games wouldn't spin. I got bored one day, opened it put cardboard/masking tape in certain spots to trick the console into reading games whether or not the lid was open or closed...

long story short we made a boot disc out of the very first version of #GamesShark for the PSX! so I design a little script using one of the MU's and the GS boot disk so I would always have it... Sure enough burnt games ran on the system perfectly using the GS to boot them. I was even able to run games while the lid was still open lol! That is the very first console I modded and had I known anything about copyrights or patents, those prototype jumpers I made would have made me a millionaire years later when someone took my idea and designed a full on Modkit for the Sony Playstation 2.

Anyways because games were coming out so often and people were always pushing me to evolve I started emulating old retro games starting with my PSX mini and Playstation2... Snes Station is one of my original projects man that was so long ago... I soon left Sony and dedicated my every being to the Microsoft Xbox!

I along with a handful of others am the original creator of XBMC aka Xbox Media Center... Created for the sole purpose of getting on a hacked version of Xbox-Live for free! over the years we have constantly developed and evolved this and I lol now to see it's the main front end solution to run Kodi on all devices...

I am the original everything when it comes to all and any Xbox mods, enhancements, emulation, developments etc...

In closing I think this is one of the absolute best damn emulation inventions out to date! I hope you all get into consoles and take it a step further!

so what's your story what's your legacy?

I am a Developer for:

Kodi/The Sims/XBMC/Android/Sony PS2/Sony PSX/Microsoft Xbox/360/One

Started #Team Evox

Started #Team Xored

Started #Team XBMC

Stared  #Team Unleashed X

Fallen but not forgotten websites: our communities

Xbox-Scene  R.I.P :{

Xbins  extremely active...

XPG GAME SAVES extremely active...

Xbox HQ extremely active...

XBMC 4 XBOX extremely active...

Below is my work ethic and legacy...

Work History & Bio:
Artwork fanpage

my artwork and gfx page:
DeviantArt Page

Licensed tattoo artist-piercer & masseuse: 22 years

Sketch artist: 30 years

GFX artist: 15 years

Digital web-design: 10 years

Animation:  15 years

Gamer: 32 years
NerdFighter: 10 years
Cartoonist:  10  years
Programmer: 25 years
Coder: 20 years

Emulation: 17 years

Professional Game-Designer: 20 years

Director/Film-maker: 13 years

Professional Videographer: 12 years

Holy Crap. That's one hell of a history. I just had a hankering to play super metroid 5 or 6 years ago and downloaded znes, wasn't happy with the menu so found myself on the HyperSpin forum with no computer skills whatsoever but with a dream haha. But I guess its people like you that made all of this possible, so thanks!

In your love for games, though, we're equals. :D My mom bought my sister an NES when I was just 2 or 3 and they quickly realized if they put my little ass in front of it and turned it on for me, I'd zone out and be quiet for hours.

Fun trivia about my journey: one of the first rom packs I got my hands on was Tosec snes (though I didn't know that at the time) and it took me weeks of trial and error to sort out what the hell the appendages to the rom names meant. Its been a long difficult journey for me haha

Edited by fromlostdays
  • Like 1

smiles lol gg... Thank you very much friend... this is one of the best gaming communities i have been apart of...  I am heavy into game trainers and memory editing that's what I am working on now... I am turning my new Alienware gaming console into the ultimate gaming console with the help of LB. I will be finished with it by next week hopefully and do video demo and ss..