LaunchBox Community Forums

DFend import

smackm

Hi, is it possible to import configurations from DFend into LaunchBox without having to set up all the games and confs. I hab a big collection in DFend most games with MT-32 setup ect. Took me a long time to build the database. And by the way, LaunchBox is amazing, the program the community and the updates are comming very quick. Best money ive spent in a long time.

We used to import D-Fend stuff, over a year ago, but it never worked right and no one used it. So sadly, no, there isn't really a way to import D-Fend stuff. If you have conf files that each games needs to use, you can assign them to each game which should solve any config problem for each game that needs it.

I think the .prof files are a D-Fend thing, where the .conf files is a DOSBox thing. You can import all your games, and probably be just fine, but if you want to use a custom conf file, you'll need to edit a game and point it towards that. Jason does want to work on better conf handling too, at some point, but it just hasn't happened yet. My favorite DOSBox set up so far as been the eXoDOS collection, imported through our importer, I replaced the default DOSBox .74 with DOSBox Daum, and when I need to have a game load a conf file, I will add that in. eXo is even working on making his new version ship with LB as well, so it'll be even easier in the future, but right now that's my personal work around.

• 2 years later...

Hey guys, I know this is an old post, but I managed to get my DFend config working if your interested.  You can setup DFend in the launchbox and select 'Use filenames without extension'  What you do is create a series of dummy files from you prof files without the extension and use the command Dfend "Filename"  that way you trick dfend into thinkings its launching the programme rather than the file.  So copy your prof files to a 'dummy directory' bulk remove the .prof extension then use those files as the files you import into Launchbox... done!

• 7 months later...
On 8/22/2019 at 4:08 AM, davodeaks said:

Hey guys, I know this is an old post, but I managed to get my DFend config working if your interested.  You can setup DFend in the launchbox and select 'Use filenames without extension'  What you do is create a series of dummy files from you prof files without the extension and use the command Dfend "Filename"  that way you trick dfend into thinkings its launching the programme rather than the file.  So copy your prof files to a 'dummy directory' bulk remove the .prof extension then use those files as the files you import into Launchbox... done!

Hi, I have interested in using my Dfend setup and import into LB.... could you elaborate more on the steps you did to do this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...