LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch Save Configs Failing and Fullscreen

salvoembers

I am very new to Launchbox. I found it via watching YouTuber MetalJesusRocks who used it to upgrade his arcade cab. I am learning to use it and I really want to get Retroarch up and running. I thought I would start with something simple. The project is to get a Launchbox, BigBox to run Atari 2600 games using Retroarch and the Stella core in fullscreen. I want to easily go from game to game in BigBox mode without having to mess around with the keyboard.

I went through the "Emulating the SNES - How to Set Up Retroarch for Beginners - LaunchBox Tutorials [Updated Tutorial]" and the "LaunchBox Tutorials - Emulating the Atari Home Consoles " YouTube videos.

I have run into a couple of issues. I am running Retroarch v1.4.1 stable on Windows 10 from http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.4.1/windows/x86_64/

I have saved Retroarch to c:\emulation\retroarch

I can save a brand new config file in retroarch and set it up to launch with LaunchBox when I click a 2600 game as seen via the YouTube videos. However when I launch the game it doesn't seem to be saving any of the emulator specific settings. A good example is fullscreen. If I launch a game with a custom config file it starts in window mode. If I hit F1 and go to Video and change it to fullscreen and attempt to save that config I will get the error that says Failed to Save Config. If save the config as a brand new config and rename the file in retroarch\config and launch the game it continues to start in window mode.

Has anyone else run into situations where a custom config file will not save properly in Retroarch? It looks very easy in the YouTube videos but I can't get it to work.

Yeah they aren't really necessary unless you have a reason to need different settings for a game or a core. I use RA heavily for mostly all of my systmes and I've never used them except to rotate specific games in Atari Lynx. You may find you don't need it and it is only over complicating things by using it. When you set the custom configs up had you switched the emulator to full screen yet? I've never had it change my screen preference when using custom configs so that is weird.