LaunchBox Community Forums

missing game path vs missing games fix?!

ResidentEvul13

same issue now i was told all i have to do is edit the emulator inside launchbox easy peasy.... yeah right... sure you can correct the path of a single rom at once...

but i have 6 emus not working and thousands of roms to correct! how the heck do i do all missing roms at once? because you can highlight them all you can edit them all but you can't add all the names a once... I don't know how to do which is why I asked for a video tutorial... I have 3 days to correct all these mistakes!

ive tried to edit platform no luck! ive tried to edit emulator no luck! video tuts for everything but how to correct the path of several missing roms at once...

error.jpg

solution.jpg

I explained to you yesterday that you needed to use NP++ in order to fix your rom paths in bulk. So if you had 1942.zip located at C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Arcade\ROMs\1942.zip and you moved it to C:\Emulators\Arcade ROMs you would go into NP++ go up to the menu at the top and click search from there go to find this will open a form on the page which will ask you for the path you are trying to find so you would put in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Arcade\ROMs\ and then click the count button and it will show how many instances the path affects in the file if you get a count that is accurate to your amount of games then you are ready to click the replace tab on the form from there you will type in your new path C:\Emulators\Arcade ROMs now click replace all and save the xml. LaunchBox should be shut the whole time while you are editing the xml if not then none of the changes will take effect. As for the emulators you have to go to tools manage emulators and switch all of the paths.

At this point you may be better off just deleting all of your platforms and reimporting them without downloading any media as the media you already have will just be reassociated with the ROMs once they have been imported again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

I explained to you yesterday that you needed to use NP++ in order to fix your rom paths in bulk. So if you had 1942.zip located at C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Arcade\ROMs\1942.zip and you moved it to C:\Emulators\Arcade ROMs you would go into NP++ go up to the menu at the top and click search from there go to find this will open a form on the page which will ask you for the path you are trying to find so you would put in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Arcade\ROMs\ and then click the count button and it will show how many instances the path affects in the file if you get a count that is accurate to your amount of games then you are ready to click the replace tab on the form from there you will type in your new path C:\Emulators\Arcade ROMs now click replace all and save the xml. LaunchBox should be shut the whole time while you are editing the xml if not then none of the changes will take effect. As for the emulators you have to go to tools manage emulators and switch all of the paths.

At this point you may be better off just deleting all of your platforms and reimporting them without downloading any media as the media you already have will just be reassociated with the ROMs once they have been imported again.

did i deleted all 6 emus/roms reimported them  but not knowing that downloading images etc... would keep them broken... where is the xml file located that I need edit exactly?... idk why my brain is not bleeding yet.

agh what do you mean 6 emus/roms  are they emus or ROMs and downloading the images again won't break anything it is just longer to import if you download images again and if you are only getting the same images that you already have why waste the time and or space if you end up with any duplicate images all the xml files are in a folder called data then the individual xml's are in a subfolder named platforms.

Edited by DOS76
  • Like 1

1. done everything you explained cept i didn't know where to save xml file as or just save it... also didn't know whether to replace all or all in documents this why i said a video is best... again since i have all music/images/videos etc for each emulator if i delete all 6 platforms and reimport them  all without downloading any content at all you saying that will fix the issue? @

DOS76

14 hours ago, DOS76 said:

As long as you name the platforms the same names as before then yes you will have to get the metadata again just don't get any of the images or videos

everything i mean every damn thing is correct and running in beastmode... you can close thread thanks much for the constant support and assistance... using trial by fire techniques launchbox continues to fascinate me each time... my main deal is i am doing 2 versions at once... my laptop and gaming console... so while everything was perfect on laptop i rushed through on console... all fixed and i shall take my time now cause i have tens of thousands of games to do! over b17k commodore 64 games! insanity. @DOS76

Edited by ResidentEvul13
more info