LaunchBox Community Forums

Which MS-DOS Collection?

porterballs

hey i have two collections one being Total Dos and the other being the eXoDOS collection, which one be the easiest to import to simple run and play? i have read that the eXoDOS collection is just that, plus the total dos collection has multiple versions of the same game that i just dont want to mess about with. One last question retroarch or dosbox for the collection i import thank you

• 6 months later...

It would be nice to hear some comments from the experts in the field. eXo is in the forum

eXoDOS:

1. eXoDOS Vol V: Action,                     Version 2.0 07/2014    93.163 GB
  2. eXoDOS Vol IV: Sim/Sports/Racing/Edu,     Version 2.0 07/2014    95.981 GB
  3. eXoDOS Vol III: Strategy,                 Version 2.0 07/2014    49.412 GB
  4. eXoDOS Vol II: RPG,                     Version 2.0    07/2014    18.100 GB
  5. eXoDOS Vol I: Adventure,                 Version 2.0 07/2014    119.406 GB

TotalDOS v13

1. Total DOS Collection - Release # (lucky) 13!                   02/2017    46.919 GB

Celebrating 10 years of DOS archiving
A major update this time around, over 2,000 additional titles made it in since #12 was released just 6 months ago.
This releases REPLACES TDC #12 in whole

Edited by 2Play

Down to the point! 

So for collection or specific titles you can use Total DOS.

For lets say plug an play eXoDOS. I like the fact that exo did the split sets. As an adventure game fan, the adventure set if more than enough. 

ScummVM 1.9 also has lots of staff/langs etc. but I personally dont need other lang titles or the same game in multiple langs (which is good for archive purposes)

But with Total DOS 14 things might change as all exoDOS might be included in there.

TDC release 13 (PD).xml

Edited by 2Play

• 6 years later...

exoDOS is now at v6 around 600GB+.
TDC is now at v21 (up to 2023) also around 600GB+.

Both have their focus.
TDC as written on their site is for the style you want.
You can get latest on a forum. When you search/find the main non full free you ll see also the forum info (a Magnet)